APOSTLESHIP OF PRAYERMINISTRY / GROUP NAME: APOSTLESHIP OF PRAYER
Date Organized: November 2002
Ministry Head / Coordinator: Eloisa (Baby) Atienza-Lim
Term: ? ~ ?
To promote the devotion to, and practice spirituality to, the Sacred Heart of Jesus
No. of inducted members to date: more than 100
List of Active Members:
Ministry History (and other info):
~ Established on November 2002 during the term of Mnsr. Ernesto Cruz.
~ Organized the precursor of the Ministry of Collectors and Greeters some six years ago, where AP members served as the first Ministers of Greeters and Collectors.
~ The AP Magallanes Center's Head/Coordinator (President) is also the President of the Apostleship of Prayer in the Archdiocese of Manila.
~ Once members are inducted, they are considered members for life, enshrined in the Community, benefit from prayers said by all members (i.e., Daily Offering), and in a position to earn indulgences availble to all AP members (such as when members use their Sacred Heart scapulars, and other occassions).
Schedule of Monthly meeting:
First Friday Meeting of Promoters or Core Group.
Bi-yearly General Assembly Meeting and Formation
1. Takes the leadership in public prayer in honor the Sacred Heart, such as in organizing and implementing the monthly Holy Hour in the Parish, the yearly Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, among others.
2. Coordinates the conduct of the Public Way of the Cross during Holy Week.
3. Organizes the Advent and Lenten Recollections of the Parish when directed by the Parish Priest.
4. Holds Formation Seminars for the membership.
5. Conducts house-to-house visitation of the Sacred Heart.
6. Conducts visitation to the sick and the elderly.
Photo Album: (awaiting photo)